Nov 20, 2020
Spring is in full swing—and that means it’s time for a good old sort out home.
In Perth and beyond, the big spring clean is a beloved ritual as it offers a chance to declutter the home, as well as the mind, and embrace those sunnier days with a tidy, organised, and spoteless new home.
As great as the big spring clean is, sometimes knowing where to start can feel impossible. But don’t sweat it—we’re going to tell you how to make your efforts a total success with our ultimate spring cleaning checklist.
But, first—some tips.
• Multi-purpose cleaner
• Disinfectant wipes
• A pair of rubber gloves
• Glass cleaner for shower screens and windows
• Carpet cleaner
• Microfiber cloths
• A sponge
• A small duster or dusting glove
• A vacuum cleaner
Gather each of these items (excluding your vacuum cleaner, it won’t fit!), place them in a box or caddy, and you will be ready to make your home sparkle and shine.
Rather than running back and forth between each room in your home, you should aim to work room by room, making sure the entire area is cleaned from top to bottom before moving onto the next.
Doing so will ensure that you get all of those hard to reach places and don’t miss any spots which, in turn, will save you time and effort.
Now that you know what to do, here’s a checklist you can use to guide your efforts and enjoy complete spring cleaning success:
• Make a list of the items you need and want to keep (for valid reasons in every room.
• Use your list to identify the items you don’t need and get rid of them, either in a skip, by selling them or by donating them.
• Carefully assemble your spring cleaning kit and charge up any electrical items you may be using to help you.
• Roll up those sleeves and start cleaning methodically, one room at a time. Work from top to bottom (dust and debris will fall to the floor—that’s gravity for you).
• Pack your cleaning kit away and check back through every room to make sure you’re 100% happy. Go over any spots you’ve missed and dispose of any items you still feel are cluttering up your home.
We wish you the best of luck and if you need a study skip to help you with your spring cleaning efforts, we can help.
As one of Perth’s leading skip providers, our value and service is second to none. Give us a call on 08-9295-6677 and full out our form for a fast free quote. We look forward to helping you find your ideal skip.